Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to Johor: Koay Teow Kia

Despite what this photo may have looked like to you, Woon Kiang is not a red light district.

We were back in Johor after our Singapore day trip, and night outings in Johor usually means koay teow kia.
Koay teow kia makes very excellent supper, & breakfast too (I can imagine), if they open for breakfast. It's a much smaller version of the usual larger koay teow, much softer too & tastes like koay chap. The small portions with side dishes make it the perfect small meal. But that night, it was more like dinner.

This is definitely one of the must-have things whenever we're in Johor, including the Otak-Otak.

You can also read about the other koay teow kia & Otak-Otak place here.

2 comments:

sarawakgal said...

I fall in love with the Otak-Otak in JB when i was there for a holiday....never missed it everytime in JB.....U make me missed JB food....

Greg Wee said...

I know exactly how you feel about the otak-otak. I think I did a post on that before.

Nuffnang Ad