Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Ms Read Quiche Project

Ms Read is opening a new outlet tomorrow at The Spring. For it's opening ceremony at noon, they're serving Nee's Quiches, Mixed Cocktail Fruit Jelly & a few of her cakes.

Naturally when something like this happens, Nee is on the go in the kitchen. So today I came home to find my wife barely alive, slogging it out, and she didn't look like my wife. So I thought I should offer to help, & I did, since I wanted my wife back.

The Game Plan was simple. I was supposed to turn this...

into these CD-like shapes...

So what I had to do was to flatten the dough & roll it out into a very wide & very evenly flat piece, so that I can get more circular pieces out of it each time.


(Sorry I have to explain something simple like this. For a lot of women out there, this is common knowledge. It'd be something intuitive that you're all born with. But unfortunately for me, & maybe for a lot of other men out there who actually take the trouble to read this blog, it's cooking & baking 101)

Then I had to cut it into as many circular pieces as I can for Nee to form them into cup shapes.


Easy right? Well, that's what I thought, until I found out that I was supossed to make 150 pieces.



That's when I realised it was too late to pull out. I could still remember my wedding vows, "For good times & bad".

But it wasn't so badlah, cos my part ended here. It was quite an experience for me, baking for the first time ever. I felt empowered. I felt like Chef Wan.

Ok, abang-adik, uncle-uncle semua, sekarang kita masukkan isi ye?

Ok, hah macam tu. Masukkan isi. Masuk. hah. Ish ish, sedapnya.


This is the liao, Nee's concoction of stew/gravy or whatever you call it...


which went into the little cups....


which went into the oven.


which came out like this in the end.


And all this will be served tomorrow at Ms Read. So if you happen to be at The Spring around noon, drop by & sample Nee's quiches. There's also Nee's jelly & cakes (I think they're blueberry cheese cakes).

Oh, & while you're at it, don't forget, Ms Read is also launching its new outlet. heheh.

3 comments:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

greg, such a funny post!love ur humor!
you ppl of kuching r so lucky there's nee to provide yummy quality food. really, if nee sells her stuff here i would be a faithful customer. everybody, rush over to Ms Read NOW!!!

WoMbOk™♂ said...

Lol @ Chef Wan, keke. Ooo~ Aiseh I foresee plenty of orders for Nee's foods in future. Good stuff indeedZ.

Greg Wee said...

Terri: sure wish we had the doughnut shop here!

Wombok: Nooooo!!!!!! Begone ye evil!!!! More orders = Greg in the Kitchen!!!!

Nuffnang Ad