Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Return of Excessive Food!

These are Hainanese chicks.

And this is Hainanese chicken.

I did a little bit of internet research. Yes, Hainan Chicken Rice did originate from the island of Hainan in Southern China, but somehow seafood seems to be more popular there.

You might have noticed. Nee has been quite quiet for the past week. At one time, I was looking for her & found her buried under a huge pile of student assignments. Don't worry, she's alive, and you'll still have her blog to read.

For the first time, she's actually putting in more effort into her work than her cooking. Today, she has just submitted her IR report as a pre-requisite for her upcoming IR (Professional Engineer) exam this coming December.

And as retaliation, she came back to cooking in full force today.

Hainanese Chicken Rice with Salted Vegie Soup & Ngo Hiang. Ngai Tee! I think I married a restaurant. It looks like I'll be having this for quite a while.

Greg: What am I having for dinner?
Nee: Hainanese Chicken Rice.
Greg: How about lunch tomorrow?
Nee: Hainanese Chicken Rice.
Greg: Dinner tomorrow?
Nee: Hainanese Chicken Rice.

Ngo Hiang (Five Fragrance)



If this Hainanese chicken can talk, she'll probably say this, "You'd better think this is better than the chickens in the shop cos I went thru hell!!!"

Wait a minute. That sounded more like Nee talking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wish I could have homemade hainanese chicken rice for a change, instead of eating them from stalls. lucky you!

Greg Wee said...

NEE: will blog the recipe.simple and nice i think.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

lol, always makes my day!

WoMbOk™♂ said...

OoO~ Looks very mouth watering :P the chicken i mean. Hehe

Nuffnang Ad