1) Clean pompret of its internal and make slits on the tummy on both sides. Strain and season with salt and huatiaw. Leave it to dry up on a strainer in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
2) Coat generously with cornflour. Heat up oil in a wok till hot enough for frying. Fry each side with medium fire till cook and crispy. Then turn fire to high to quick fry for 30 sec to 1 min on each side to seal the crispiness. Let it stand to strain off excess oil while preparing the sauce.
4-5 tbsp of tomato sauce
1- 2 tbsp of chilli sauce (Maggi or Thai style or both)
1 tbsp of light soya
2 tbsp of white vineger or juice from one juicy lemon
1 cup of water + 1 tbsp of cornstarch
2 - 3 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of chopped onion
2 no large tomatos, cut to wedges
2 no of chilli or 1/2 no green and red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut to strips
1) Mix all the liquid and sugar: sauces, water and sesame oil in a bowl.
2) With one tablespoon of oil, lightly fry onion till fragrant. Then add tomatos, chillis and continue stir frying.
3) Add the sauce mixture and bring to a light boil.
4) Pour mixture on top of fish and serve with rice.