Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Giant Flower

Auntie Ghim Ai dropped by the house today to pass us this thing.

Nee was ecstatic about it. That's about how she looks when I give her flowers on special ocassions. Maybe I should consider giving her something like this the next time.

Well, this one's a giant brocolli plant with leaves as tough as sandpaper. I don't know where my aunt got it. It looks like it came from outer space.

My aunt mentioned something about a special way to cook those almost inedible leaves. I'l leave that for Nee to explain cos I catch no ball.

This one's ripe already for cooking. I wasn't so sure about that, but that's what my aunt said.


My aunt also gave us the little Brocolli shoots. It looked like it was drying up already so we had to do something fast.

Comparatively, it seems hard to believe this little bugger can grow up to be the giant plastic looking plant with those huge thick rubber leaves.


When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!


And so we quickly went to work.

I think it really needed some real chicken shit. So we gave it some.


Done. We'll do a report one day when it becomes a giant plant. Then we'll do some brocolli recipes for 2 months.

No comments:

Nuffnang Ad